Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Bus Has Wifi


Boys, boys, boys. Stereotypically, that seems like the only topic running around a girl's head. Well, I got news for you, not all girls are boy crazy! There are those who can't live without a boyfriend, and those who believe they don't need a boy to satisfy their lives. I guess you can say I'm right in the middle of that scale. I can clarify this with my bus theory.

So I explained my bus theory to Lili today. Basically, boys are like buses. I would never run for a bus, because there will always be a next bus. Why spend so much time and energy chasing after them when the next bus will come in just 5 minutes? This conversation soon turned into a debate. Lili argued that not all buses are the same. What if the one you miss had wifi, air conditioning, and tv connection? And now you're left with a rusty old school bus that smells like feet, with windows that don't open. You missed the good bus! I have to admit, I've never thought about it that way before. I always thought if something is meant to happen, it'll happen. If it's not meant to be, nothing you do can affect the outcome. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that I don't want to be stuck on the smelly school bus. I would rather work hard to get on that wifi bus than to waste my time on the cheese bus. You have to take advantage of your opportunities while they still are there. Once they're gone, all you can do is regret. I think we all know how haunting regrets can be. So if there's a guy that you can't get off your mind, go for it! Work your magic. Do whatever you can to get on that wifi bus. Because the hard work will pay off.

You win Lili! Not all buses all the same. Thanks for teaching me a valuable lesson. I will start running for buses now!

2 comments: